[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

Latest news: --- Final Location Change --- UPDATE FOR AFNATION --- Cancelling New York Servers --- Last Warning --- Can't connect because of password ? Read Me. --- AFNation --- Direction Of CecGaming and Element --- Ddos --- Contest Points Reset --- New Teamspeak ---
Login:  
Hasło:     
Register Help Member List View New Posts View Today's Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got the game, looking for tips
CreativeName Offline

Mood: None

AFN Points: 2€
Just got the game, looking for tips
I just bought condition zero along with 1.6 so I'm looking for any tips on how to play and what maps I should practice on.
Or if I should change around some settings or controls.
CreativeName, proud to be a member of The Element Clan Community Forums since Jul 2013.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2013, 03:39 AM by CreativeName.)
07-06-2013, 03:39 AM
find quote
Gonzo Offline
Management - Element Member

AFN Points: 375.58€
RE: Just got the game, looking for tips
tips , practice on dust2 and assault , learn to listen for sound , 3 shot spray or single click. in console put fps_max 101 , cl_updaterate 101 , cl_rate 101
RIP Boonie - We Are Gonna Miss You Bro.
[Image: cw2ccnP.png]
[Image: sig.php?player_id=1&background=random]
07-06-2013, 03:59 AM
find quote
CreativeName Offline

(07-06-2013, 03:59 AM)Shady Wrote: tips , practice on dust2 and assault , learn to listen for sound , 3 shot spray or single click. in console put fps_max 101 , cl_updaterate 101 , cl_rate 101

What do the console commands do? If they help my frame rate I think mine is fine how it is.
CreativeName, proud to be a member of The Element Clan Community Forums since Jul 2013.
07-06-2013, 04:01 AM
find quote
Gonzo Offline

it maxes everything out
07-06-2013, 04:15 AM
find quote
CreativeName Offline

(07-06-2013, 04:15 AM)Shady Wrote: it maxes everything out

Thanks, put in all three commands.

Do you know any good deathmatch server IPs? I can't seem to find any and I wanted to practice aiming and shooting on dm.

EDIT: Also should I enter those commands in the regular CS too?
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2013, 09:48 PM by CreativeName.)
07-06-2013, 09:36 PM
find quote
Gonzo Offline

yes you should , it allows the game to access the FULL potential of your video card
07-06-2013, 10:01 PM
find quote
Gonzo Offline

not many deathmatches around anymore
07-06-2013, 10:01 PM
find quote
CreativeName Offline

(07-06-2013, 10:01 PM)Shady Wrote: not many deathmatches around anymore

What about on 1.6?
07-07-2013, 02:05 AM
find quote
TheForces Offline

AFN Points: 0€
Tips, hmm.. Well let's see, try to stay still when shooting a sniper rifle, AK47 is the best weapon for Terrorists, try to go for the head because a shot to the head is fatal/critical (108dmg), like Shady said, don't spray, 3 shot and wait for recoil to go back, then 3 shots.

As a CT, the m4a1 is a good choice for midrange as it has faster firing power, less recoil than AK, and is pretty accurate, usually a headshot is only ~80 dmg so you want to focus on landing a couple shots in bursts of 3-2 .

If you can't afford the M16, the famas (Named Clarion in the menu B-4-1) is secretly awesome, if you know how to use it, when using the famas always set the mode to Burst Fire Mode, unless in close combat, the Burst Fire Mode automatically shoots 3 bullets and then waits for recoil, and shoots again, this makes it so you have virtually no recoil and you can just aim at the head for an easy kill.

Ducking helps control your recoil, it actually reduces the recoil by 1/3 at least, practice controlling recoil, shoot at the wall, and observe the pattern that gun forms, then try to resist that pattern. For example, the M4 forms a T shape, so it starts going up when you spray, then it goes left and then right forming a T. So when using an m4, First spray normally for 1 second, then push down then right, then left. You will get the hang of it.

Also, learn the keystrokes in the buy menu. You need it if you want to get that extra edge on opponents whether you want to rush them or whatnot, don't try to use the mouse to navigate to your desired weapon, use your keys and remember the keystrokes, for example, if you want to buy an AK47 with a deagle, ammo for both, and all grenades and armor, do this keystroke
B>1>4>4>2>8>3>3>4>5>8>2>6>7>
This opens the key menu, opens pistols, buys deagle, then opens rifle menu, buys AK47, then opens Equip menu, buys 2 Flashes, an HE, and a smoke, then it buys Kevlar+Helmet, then it buys secondary and primary ammo.

There is a ton more, but you should probably checkout YouTube because they're better at explaining things

Oh, and for servers, you should search : "Renegade Army" or "DsK" They're both great servers, always full, tons of different gamemodes (Capture Flag, DM, Pokemon, Rats, Zombie, Gun Game, etc.)
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2013, 07:32 PM by TheForces.)
07-09-2013, 07:30 PM
find quote
CreativeName Offline

(07-09-2013, 07:30 PM)TheForces Wrote: Tips, hmm.. Well let's see, try to stay still when shooting a sniper rifle, AK47 is the best weapon for Terrorists, try to go for the head because a shot to the head is fatal/critical (108dmg), like Shady said, don't spray, 3 shot and wait for recoil to go back, then 3 shots.

As a CT, the m4a1 is a good choice for midrange as it has faster firing power, less recoil than AK, and is pretty accurate, usually a headshot is only ~80 dmg so you want to focus on landing a couple shots in bursts of 3-2 .

If you can't afford the M16, the famas (Named Clarion in the menu B-4-1) is secretly awesome, if you know how to use it, when using the famas always set the mode to Burst Fire Mode, unless in close combat, the Burst Fire Mode automatically shoots 3 bullets and then waits for recoil, and shoots again, this makes it so you have virtually no recoil and you can just aim at the head for an easy kill.

Ducking helps control your recoil, it actually reduces the recoil by 1/3 at least, practice controlling recoil, shoot at the wall, and observe the pattern that gun forms, then try to resist that pattern. For example, the M4 forms a T shape, so it starts going up when you spray, then it goes left and then right forming a T. So when using an m4, First spray normally for 1 second, then push down then right, then left. You will get the hang of it.

Also, learn the keystrokes in the buy menu. You need it if you want to get that extra edge on opponents whether you want to rush them or whatnot, don't try to use the mouse to navigate to your desired weapon, use your keys and remember the keystrokes, for example, if you want to buy an AK47 with a deagle, ammo for both, and all grenades and armor, do this keystroke
B>1>4>4>2>8>3>3>4>5>8>2>6>7>
This opens the key menu, opens pistols, buys deagle, then opens rifle menu, buys AK47, then opens Equip menu, buys 2 Flashes, an HE, and a smoke, then it buys Kevlar+Helmet, then it buys secondary and primary ammo.

There is a ton more, but you should probably checkout YouTube because they're better at explaining things

Oh, and for servers, you should search : "Renegade Army" or "DsK" They're both great servers, always full, tons of different gamemodes (Capture Flag, DM, Pokemon, Rats, Zombie, Gun Game, etc.)

Thank you very much for this, you told me more than I needed to know. Especially the key strokes because in 1.6 I'm always stuck on the buy menu.

I have a few more questions if you don't mind.

Is it worth crouching? In source I used to crouch before shooting but people could be just as accurate as me without crouching and usually kill me first.

Also is there a big difference between a 2 shot burst and a 3 shot burst with the AK47?

When in a long range gun fight should I strafe left and right to avoid getting hit, or stay still/crouch to be more accurate?
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 01:03 AM by CreativeName.)
07-10-2013, 01:03 AM
find quote